AWARE serves children diagnosed with intellectual and developmental disabilities, including children with physical disabilities, cognitive delays and autism spectrum disorder. Many people we support have co-occurring disabilities, including mental health related diagnoses/serious emotional disturbance that require treatment. Our goal is to provide every family with the individualized support they need to keep their child in the home, while supporting their child to reach his or her highest potential in living a fulfilling life.
AWARE provides an array of services and supports for youth with developmental disabilities and intensive needs, based on the child’s needs and the family’s choices.
We serve infants through teenagers and assist with transitions to adulthood (16-21 years). Many services are associated with this program, including but not limited to:
- evaluation and diagnoses for purposes of establishing eligibility;
- case management;
- behavior analytic supports and planning-BCBA
- specialized therapies such as speech, occupational, and physical therapy;
- individualized intervention strategies developed through consultation with family support services, behavioral consultants, and licensed professional counselors;
- family and individual counseling;
- habilitation services from trained providers;
- self-directed respite care for parents;
- specialized and adaptive equipment information and application;
- environmental modifications;
- transportation services; and
- crisis intervention, which is available 24 hours a days, seven days a week.
AWARE has licensed and credentialed staff, including psychiatrists, board certified behavior analysts, mental health clinicians and family support specialists.
AWARE’s staff are qualified to evaluate and diagnose children for purposes of determining eligibility for state and privately funded programs. AWARE staff are trained in Applied Behavior Analysis and receive clinical consultation from Johns Hopkins University’s Kennedy Krieger Institute, the preeminent autism institute in the world.
AWARE case managers are skilled at identifying and coordinating the resources available through the state Medicaid program (including various Medicaid waivers), private health insurance and other payers to perform assessments, develop a plan of care and deliver effective in-home interventions
AWARE provides services to children with developmental disabilities in communities across Montana, including Billings, Bozeman, Butte, Great Falls, Helena, Kalispell, Missoula and surrounding areas.
How to receive AWARE services
You can choose where to get the services needed by your child and your family. Finding out what AWARE can help you with is easy.
Contact us to learn more about eligibility, cost, availability of services, placement in services, referrals or anything else surrounding what can be done to help you and your family.