What is Comprehensive School and Community Treatment?
AWARE’s school-based treatment, Comprehensive School and Community Treatment (CSCT), helps children with special needs thrive in the classroom or other school-based settings. A wrap around approach, AWARE’s specialized staff works directly with the identified children, their parents, teachers and school personnel to fulfill goals named in each individualized plan. Because AWARE believes home life is significant to children’s success in school, CSCT services may also be integrated into the home as needs arise.
AWARE’s CSCT services are available in Anaconda, Billings, Bonner, Great Falls and Helena. Be sure to ask about Home Support and Family Support (individual or group therapy) services as well.
CSCT will help your child with
- Normalization – Children learn best by living and learning in a normalized environment. Allowing youth to stay with their own family, school and classroom encourages normal growth and development.
- Empowerment – Children succeed in school when they receive necessary support and positive feedback on their performance and behavior. Empowering parents on the education process and offering a feeling of affiliation with the school further builds confidence.
Your child may be eligible to receive funding for CSCT
AWARE’s CSCT program is designed to serve at-risk youth who meet the state of Montana criteria for serious emotional disturbance. Funding is available for families who use Medicaid. Alternative funding sources may include individual school district payment, private pay, third party payment, etc.
Services provided to you
- Assessment and evaluation
- Consultation and support for teachers and staff who are working with the identified child
- Crisis intervention planning
- Therapy as appropriate (emphasis on group, social skills, development, anger management and student skill development)
- Classroom management support
- Participation in individualized education program (IEP) and CST meetings
- Other services as identified by the school team and family
- Coordination with service team for in-home and community-based services
- Referral to additional support and resources
For more information, please contact your area representative:
Anaconda, Bonner, Bozeman, Helena, Ramsay
406-782-2042, ext. 2403
406-656-0928, ext. 30
406-771-8182, ext. 2625